.............................................

Talents are a gift from God so we should make use of what He gave to us and turn them into wonderful masterpieces. I'm no artist and I am just a complete novice but I love creating wonderful objects with my own hands.

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Painting as a hobby...

I have always loved painting since I was young. At the age of 5, I often enjoyed admiring the vast, blue sky while walking alone. I really wanted to paint its beauty and capture its eternal resplendence. But...No matter how hard I practice, I can't seem to get it right. I have never taken an art or painting class except as a part of my subjects at school and unfortunately, my art teachers didn't teach us how to "paint" or "draw". So I have never learned even the basics so I practiced and practiced by myself.
When my high school friend posted these paintings on my FB wall, I couldn't believe that I made these stuffs (lol)! So this was how I used to paint back then xd

Summer before I entered senior year in college
I may not be a painter or an artist but I really tried my best to express what I feel and this one here describes my feeling when I painted it. 
Feeling left out and out of place, I have painted yellow roses symbolizing happiness and at the same time, jealousy. The blue flowers stand for peace, at the same time, sadness. And the babies' breath? They are out of place!    
Daffodils? Not even close right? But I truly loved the symbolism and meaning behind the story of Narcissus and Echo ^__^
I once saw a very old card that my father sent to my mother when he was still away and it really captured the beauty of autumn. And this was a failed attempt TT___TT

I have never seen peonies in real life but they are always in my mind ^___^ and it's obvious enough that flowers are the closest to my heart <3

:P I am not good at doing landscapes too >.< But I did my best...Honestly, I wanted to make the image of an autumn tree by the flowing river very realistic but I guess I was 1,000 years too early TT___TT It's not even close to what I had in mind back then >__<

Wisterias ^___^ It's always been my dream to have a beautiful garden where all of my favorite flowers bloom.

Ta-da!!!!! These three paintings are the product of my "improvement". But if you were to ask me, I'm not happy with these! I wanted to paint Chinese-style flowers but I can't even do proper strokes! But I made a lot of improvement that's for sure!!! Practice makes perfect indeed and I know that I am just half way to go and soon, I'll be able to put my thoughts into art ^___^

:P
The red rose vines are my "sign"

This one is the recent one. I also gave some of my works to my colleagues because they asked me to do so ^___^

 Thanks for the time and next time again!

No comments:

Post a Comment